Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-017-EGR: Principal Investigator
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Technical Lead in the Dayton, Ohio area to lead a 6 person team of software/hardware developers and system engineers. This position will support the Air Force Research Laboratories in the development of Open Architecture Standards for legacy and next generation systems.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Collaborate with AFRL customer on determining scope, requirements and implementation features of rapid prototype applications and standards development for Open Mission Systems platforms
• Review current systems and develop a plan to migrate legacy code to an integrated extensible architecture, particularly porting Java applications to C++
• Work closely with engineers and scientists to meet program requirements
• Produce detailed specifications for software requirements
• Explore new paradigms of OMS performance and architecture utilizing Infiniband or other high speed, low latency networking standards
• Prepare reports on project progress and present results to the customer and management
• Work closely with the Program Manager to plan and execute all aspects of multiple concurrent research and development projects
• Provide technical direction, advice and consulting support to the project teams directly or through team members
• Provide oversight for program integration activities
• Lead technical interchange meetings with the customer, subcontractors and team
• Assist in writing proposals or white papers
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to obtain maintain a TS/SCI, current SECRET clearance is desired
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or Mathematics or relevant field of study, MS or PhD preferred.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in one or more of the following:
o Development in C++, Java or exceptional at another similar language
o Python 3 or other popular scripting language on the Linux platform
o Modern development tools such as Visual Studio 2010+, GCC 4.8+, Git, Jenkins
• Understanding of avionics subsystems such as mission computers, communication links, electronic warfare and common avionics sensors is preferred but not required
• Expertise in current computer hardware and software systems
• Knowledge of open architectures such as OMS, UCI, FACE and VICTORY (OMS/UCI preferred)
• Strong communication skills
• Work effectively to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
• Ability to work within a team and individually
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.