Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-148-INT: Lead Foreign Language Research Analyst (Chinese/Russian)
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Seeking a full time Lead Foreign Language Research Analyst to work in the Dayton, OH area. The candidate will direct the activities of a team of four conducting research in Russian and/or Chinese, collect, manage, and analyze technical data, write finished reports, present materials in formal briefings, provide research, analytical, and advisory support, and perform work under the supervision of a research team member. This position will support government research programs.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Directs the activities of a team of four foreign language research analysts
• Researches and acquires technical data and information from foreign research publications, peer reviewed journal articles, papers, and open source venues
• Catalogues and tags data; organizes information for storage and retrieval
• Maintains a complete listing of research material to include, the title of the material; author, the origination date; language; the type of material (i.e. article, abstract, report, electronic media, etc.); and any other information necessary to identify the inventory of collected research data
• Meets regularly with research team members to discuss research assignments
• Analyzes and prepares material for written documentation on the findings, to include verbal and written comments
• Writes summaries, assessments, and reports on research findings
• Assists research team with identifying new and novel technologies in relevant research areas
• Leverages expertise and language skills to assist other research team members with technical academic research
• Assists research team with identifying relevant technical conferences, symposiums, academic exchanges, and meetings
• Uses language skills to provide document translation
• Attends relevant conferences, symposiums, and academic exchanges, and meetings
• Prepares and presents formal and informal briefings on research findings
• Assists with Identifying and prioritizing areas that require more detailed evaluation
• Performs routine clerical duties as instructed, if essential to the research activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Master's Degree w/minimum of eight years’ experience
• Language proficiency in Russian or Chinese
• Experience conducting research in technical areas and/or in Russian or Chinese
• Experience conducting research as part of a team
• Experience with web-based research
• Strong writing skills with experience writing technical research reports
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong briefing skills with experience presenting material in public
• Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player
• Experience with advanced military technologies
• Knowledge of Russian/Chinese political, military, and university systems
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Russian/Chinese culture
• Experience with the Department of Defense or the Intelligence Community
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.