Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-004-MDL: Software Architect
Riverside Research’s Modeling and Application Development Group has an opening for a Software Developer. This candidate will work in a small team in developing, debugging, and maintaining software deployed in a cloud environment. The software application is part of a suite of satellite mission planning and visualization tools (https://riversideresearch.org/what-we-do/tools/collection-planning-suite-cps). This candidate will support developing user interfaces, web services, and data and business logic portions of the code in both pre-mission planning and real-time execution phases of the mission planning process.
Candidates may work from our offices in Centreville, VA, Dayton, OH, or Lexington, MA.
As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research re-invests annual profits in independent research and development projects, community outreach initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. Your career development is enhanced by the opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines and personalized attention from Riverside Research senior managers.
All positions with Riverside Research require U.S. citizenship.
• Work closely with engineering leads, software engineers, program managers, and testers to design, architect, develop, and deploy the software
• Be a part of an Agile Scrum Team
• Be a part of a distributed development team
• Use best industry practices in designing, developing, documenting, testing and deploying their design
• Have good organizational, time-management, verbal communication, and written communication skills
• Represent the Riverside Research development team at customer meetings
• Some travel may be required
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• U.S. citizenship required
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET/SCI clearance (TS/SCI)
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical discipline, preferably in software engineering or computer science
• 9+ years' experience in software engineering
• Knowledge of object oriented design methodologies, .NET techniques, tools, and GUI design related applications
• Knowledge of .NET framework
• Experience designing and architecting cloud-based software applications
• Top Secret / SCI clearance (TS/SCI)
• Experience with in web-based technologies, methodologies and architectures, including HTTP, HTML, AJAX, XML, JSON, and Oracle
• Experience with Docker and a container management tools, such as Kubernetes or Mesos
• Experience with Java
• Experience with execution of Web, Cloud and Desktop systems
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
• Experience with Visual Studio 2013/15
• Experience with SOAP and REST Services
• Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools
• Experience with JIRA (bug tracking)
• Experience with agile methodologies, such as scrum or SAFe
• Experience with User Interface development
• Experience in software development using AGI System Tool Kit (STK) and COMPONENTS
• Experience with CESIUM
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history, identity check and, drug and alcohol testing.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.