Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-006-SCR: Office Manager
Security & Facilities
New York, NY
Do you have experience in managing a fast-paced office environment, a passion for fostering a positive and collaborative workplace culture, and ambitious goals for professional development? Do you have a strategic mindset, always looking for creative ways to streamline processes and up-level the office, all with a positive attitude?
We are seeking an exceptionally bright, flexible, poised, and self-motivated individual to become a Riverside Research Office Manager. As the face of our New York Office, you will partner with all parts of the enterprise to ensure that the office runs smoothly, and in parallel with our company culture and business objectives. Your job bridges strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution and requires the ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs and requests, and juggle multiple high priority requests. This role comes with many opportunities to impact a rapidly growing company!
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Join an effective administrative team; work with other highly capable administrative personnel located at
other cleared facilities throughout the U.S.
• Manage office supplies; stock, inventory, and order adequate quantities to support office operations
• Organize office parties, morale/holiday events, and summer outings
• Manage meetings; schedule, prepare rooms, and process visitors
• Initiate and track facility work orders; monitor status, request work orders, and escort maintenance staff
• Design and implement office processes by establishing standards and procedures
• Conduct In-processing/out-processing actions; welcome new hires, provide HR documentation, check identification, assist with badge creation, conduct office orientation, and prepare office assignments
• Escort visitors/vendors within a secure facility
• Maintain Purchase Card; make purchases for office requirements and submit expense reports
• Participate in facility budget planning
• Be a key mechanism for communicating with assigned employees
• Work with Automated Information Systems (AIS) staff, office, and facility professionals
• Verify employment of past and current employees, as needed
• Create and submit purchase orders and check requests
• Perform general clerical duties; photocopying, faxing, scanning, filing documents, and sorting mail
• Other duties as assigned
• Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience)
• Experience as an office manager or administrative assistant
• Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems, and provide focused solutions
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Energetic person with a desire to foster a positive, inclusive office environment
• Ability to follow established processes and checklists
• Microsoft Office proficiency
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.