Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-097-INT: Software Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research's Intelligence and Defense Solutions Directorate (IDS) has a full-time opening in the Dayton, Ohio area for a Software Developer. The candidate will be responsible for working with the program lead and other team members to research, develop, build, and demonstrate a virtual proof of concept web-based software application system (prototype). Team members will contribute to the design, development, documentation, testing, and debugging of the prototype software system.
Riverside Research is seeking a full time Senior Software developer in the Dayton, OH area. This position supports Defense Intelligence Agency programs.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
Software Developer will be responsible for incorporating system outputs into a containerized software based test harness supporting sensor integration using all recommended standards. The prototype will include a basic web-based architecture for data visualization so users can perform the following actions:
• Search for and view availability, health and status (i.e. availability for tasking, GPS position, etc}, and, if applicable, error codes of deployed systems/sensors
• Task sensors with the full range of documented command and control commands
• View raw data and reports issued by the sensor
• View sensor metrics, workflow status, and scheduled tasks
• View incoming and outgoing messages along with feedback on whether external messages comply with message format and valid data ranges
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Must be willing to obtain a Secret Clearance with Eligibility for Top Secret SCI and CI-Polygraph
• Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Science, or Information System Management
• Minimum of 4 years of experience.
• 4+ years of Java software development experience
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts, data formats and standards formats
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player, and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
*** MUST BE A US CITIZEN***
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.