Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2017-059-INT: Senior GEOINT/OPIR Image Scientist
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
*Riverside Research has an immediate opening for a Senior GEOINT/Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) Image Scientist with an emphasis on MATLAB software expertise. This position will be working with OPIR data sources in the NGIC, VA area.
Duties will involve operational capabilities with the following:
• Works directly for U.S. Government (USG) OPIR experts translating their repeatable exploitation tactics, techniques, and procedures into user friendly tools and GUI using MATLAB
• Develops and tests algorithms to improve sensor performance to enhance exploitation
• Works the continuum of remote sensing and applies image science and remote sensing production and development solutions to meet USG intelligence requirements
• Improves upon exiting MATLAB based sub-pixel processing capabilities
• Developing and advancing the capabilities of spectral, hyperspectral, OPIR, IR collection, processing, and detection systems
• Interpreting results from onboard and offline algorithms and automated processors in order to address intelligence requirements
• Employing non-literal methods, techniques, and processes in order to address intelligence requirements
• Extracting information from a dataset that cannot be discerned via literal (visual) methods and providing context and meaning to information for intelligence purposes
• Position is projected to require 15 days or less of travel per year
• Perform other duties as assigned
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
• Must have active in-scope TS/SCI Security clearance
• Required M.S. degree from an accredited school in a field of basic or applied science or engineering. Typical fields of study include Physics, Remote Sensing, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography, and the Agricultural Sciences
• At least 15 years overall experience in the GEOINT and/or MASINT image science area
• At least five years of specific experience using MATLAB, preferably in a GEOINT/remote sensing environment/setting
• At least 4 years of experience with C, C++
• At least 5 years of experience using ENVI
• Thorough familiarity with operational and R&D remote sensing imaging and non-imaging systems (e.g., multispectral, hyperspectral, thermal, radar, OPIR, and infrared)
• At least 5 years of experience working in an operational production setting exploiting data from within the GEOINT domain, including use of software-based exploitation tools such as ENVI and ERDAS Imagine
• At least 10 years of past or current Intelligence Community (IC) experience, U.S. Army Intelligence, or other Service U.S. Intelligence
• Comprehensive understanding of the phenomenology associated with the VIS through LWIR spectral region and SAR data is required with an emphasis on recent experience in the exploitation and/or algorithm development for spectral, hyperspectral, thermal, overhead persistent infrared (OPIR) and/or synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data
• Good grasp of National and Theater related GEOINT intelligence assets
• Understanding of ground, airborne and space-based spectral collection platforms and collection methods
• In special cases, commiserate experience shall be accepted in lieu of educational requirements at the approval and discretion of the Government customer
• Remote Sensing or related “primer” courses
• Remote Sensing or related processing courses
• Workshop or geospatial intelligence analytical thinking
• NGA, Services, AFIT or equivalent training in GEOINT and MASINT
• ERDAS Imagine, Common Spectral MASINT Exploitation Capability (COSMEC), or Remote View training
• Prior experience as a customer using or familiarity with the Army’s GEOINT Enterprise TPED Service (GETS)
• Experience working in an operational production environment using the GEOINT Enterprise TPED Service (GETS) or similar production system(s)
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.