Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-028-RDL: NC3 and Space Systems Mission Area SME
Looking for a company that inspires and promotes innovation and is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work space?
We are actively searching for a NC3 and Space Systems Mission Area SME to support AFLCMC/HN at Hanscom AFB in Lexington, MA.
As a NC3 and Space Systems Mission Area SME, you will be the Senior Advisor regarding operation and technical aspects of military satellite communication systems and other components that comprise or support the Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) system with particular emphasis on the Extremely High Frequency (EHF) constellations and associated terminals.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
HIRES WITH AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET (TS) CLEARANCE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS.
• Provide expertise and knowledge of various EHF SATCOM terminals and the role these terminals play in the distribution of Emergency Action Messages (EAMs) and direction of forces for NC3 or other MILSATCOM missions
• Advise and support evaluation of terminal performance for nuclear effects, to include ElectroMagnetic Pulse (EMP), atmospheric nuclear scintillation, and continued terminal performance after nuclear particle absorption
• Work proactively, with minimal supervision, and effectively communicate orally and in writing, providing quality acquisition and program documentation (briefings, documents, plans, etc.)
• Collaborate with a diverse group of program offices and MAJCOM stakeholders to determine specific needs and requirements and advises program personnel on terminal capability to support warfighter concepts for NC3 communication
• Plan, schedule, and facilitate a variety of exchanges and meetings with the program office team, stakeholders, and industry to understand program requirements and emerging commercial technologies which may address warfighter capability gaps
• Support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews, and IMP/IMS reviews
• Support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance
• Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 10 years of which must be in the DoD
• Or; a BA/BS degree and 20 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 10 of which must be in the DoD
• Experience with Space and NC3 missions and with Major Commands, such as USSTRATCOM, AFSPC, and/or AFGSC
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures, and practices in their area of expertise
• Experience with the broad NC3 and EHF satellite community is desired, especially in the areas of planning satellite resources to support NC3 communications and the EHF endurance mission approach to continue to provide communication in the post-nuclear-attack environment
• Experience working with the Joint Interoperability and Test Command in interoperability testing and certification.
• Knowledge of NC3 terminals other than EHF, for example Very Low Frequency/Low Frequency (VLF)/LF communications and how they support the NC3 mission
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.