Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-008-ARE: Office Management Support
Airborne Reconnaissance Systems
Riverside Research is seeking a principal office assistant to the Director of Reconnaissance Programs and Director of Plans and Management Branch, performing administrative and clerical duties in support of the work of a complex organization. Must exercise continuous attention to the coordination among internal and external work units.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Prepare correspondence, reports and other documents. May review work prepared by other clerical staff.
• Accurately prepare correspondence, reports or other documents from handwritten or electronic drafts using Microsoft Word in a timely manner; ensure correct grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation and appropriate format. Apply protection requirements for classified material, when applicable.
• Shares duties of the receptionist in her absence.
• Issue Statements of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statement (PWS), Work Request (WR), and Technical Evaluations (Tech Evals).
• Schedule meetings, appointments, and conferences in accordance with instructions from supervisor; accurately determine nature of request and refer callers to appropriate staff.
• Personally answer routine questions in a timely/accurate manner and provide accurate information when routine procedural matters are involved.
• Thoroughly screen material prior to distribution for suspense dates; establish controls, and follow up on responses in a timely manner.
• Determine appropriate data categories to be established, sorting and calculating functions to be performed, and procedures for entering and retrieving data.
• Accurately and promptly transmit and receive documents and messages electronically.
• Ensure files have all pertinent documents and signatures.
• Maintain and accurately update file system to ensure quick and efficient retrieval of information.
• Processes all proposals; file proposals once through Technical Evaluation
• Run monthly reports for work request contracts.
• Maintain schedule, staff meeting slides and calendar for Director of Engineering and staff.
• Prepare and edit Defense Travel System vouchers for military and government civilians.
• Maintains status of taskers and due dates.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be able to obtain Secret clearance and willing to apply for a TS/SCI if required
• Bachelor's degree or 2 years' DoD administrative support experience
• Ability to use office automation tools and techniques to support office operations.
• Must be proficient in MS Office, to include Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
• Experience in receiving and storing classified documents and equipment
• Ability to plan and organize.
• Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Government contract experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.