Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-001-BIO: Biomedical/Electrical Engineering Graduate Intern
New York, NY
The Lizzi Center for Biomedical Engineering of Riverside Research is seeking two Biomedical Engineering Graduate Interns for our NYC location, which is located in Lower Manhattan. Internship will be a full-time, temporary, paid position, lasting 10-13 weeks beginning in May and ending in late July / early August 2020. This position is not eligible for benefits.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of duties applicable to the intern’s field of study while supporting technical projects, often in a team environment
• Develop signal processing programs for several projects including projects involving high-frequency ultrasound data
• Collect and process experimental data as needed to test the programs
• Other duties as assigned
• BS in Electrical Engineering or related field by internship start
• Already enrolled in an MS program in Electrical Engineering or highly related field
• Graduate level class in signal/image processing
• Proficient in MATLAB
• Basic knowledge of medical imaging and acoustic
• Some lab and experimental experience
• US citizenship
• Knowledge of ultrasound biophysics
• Experience with LabVIEW programming environment
• Experience with analog electronics
• Published paper(s) in peer-reviewed scientific journals
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.