Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-043-INT: Computer Scientist (Proof of Concept)
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research’s IDS Business Unit is seeking a full-time Computer Scientist to develop proof-of-concept demonstrations of algorithm modifications for identified traveling companion enhancements supporting the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency in the Washington DC metro area.
The Intelligence and Defense Solutions (IDS) Business Unit within Riverside Research is comprised of exceptionally talented and dedicated individuals, working as a team, who assist IC and DoD customers in accomplishing their critical missions. Within IDS, we provide services spanning program management and advocacy, systems engineering, research and development, intelligence analytics, mission planning, and software engineering. IDS currently assists three national intelligence agencies, three U.S. Service Intelligence Centers, and a variety of additional clients serving national and tactical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Develop proof-of-concept demonstrations of algorithm modifications for identified traveling companion enhancements
• Utilizes statistical requirements for testing and evaluation of algorithms
• Develop computer systems specifications that fit with the government’s system architecture standards
• Establish and document system parameters and formats
• Ensure hardware and software systems compatibility
• Coordinate and/or modify system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities
• Revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage
• Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
• Work closely with senior TCRP Prediction Computer Scientist
• Other duties as assigned
• Active Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI)
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Data Science or related field and 9+ years of hands-on experience in analytic modeling
• Fluent in multiple high-level programming languages
• Experience developing and deploying software solutions
• Experience with handling and classifying data
• Demonstrated leadership, analytical, organization, problem-solving, supervision, and interpersonal skills
• Superior communications skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to perform functional duties independently
• PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Data Science or related field and 9+ years of hands-on experience in analytic modeling
• Fluency in multiple high-level programming languages (Python, C++, MATLAB) and Jupyter notebooks
• Intelligence community experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.