Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2018-028-OIC: Machine Learning Research Scientist - Machine Learning Lab
Open Innovation Center
Riverside Research is seeking a motivated Machine Learning Research Scientist to join our Open Innovation Center’s Machine Learning group. The Research Scientist will work on ground-breaking research to solve pressing problems in the realm of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The position will support both internally and externally funded research efforts. Ongoing research in the group includes machine learning for second and third generation applications and research.
Position is available at our Dayton Research Center in Beavercreek, OH.
Other locations available include
New York City
National Capital Region (Crystal City or Centreville, VA).
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Assess customer systems and processes for application of machine learning / artificial intelligence technologies to support their needs
• Create and prototype machine learning approaches to demonstrate efficacy
• Support algorithm implementation in Von Neumann and neuromorphic computing environments
• Coordinate with external agencies and research partners on emerging methods and technologies for the application of ML/AI to their needs
• Communicate advanced ML/AI concepts to senior leadership to facilitate decision making
• Perform basic and applied research in ML; document and present research results and the status of ongoing or emerging projects
• Author proposals and conference/journal papers
• Occasional travel may be required
• Other duties as assigned
• U.S. citizenship required
• Eligibility to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret with SCI clearance
• Bachelors (Masters or Doctorate preferred) in a physical science.
• 0-2 years' related experience in an engineering or scientific function, including research.
• Experience in machine learning/statistical analysis, neural networks, and data mining
• Experience developing and implementing machine and deep learning algorithms
• Candidates with Masters degree and relevant AI/ML deep learning experience or academic studies will also be considered.
• Superior communications skills, both written and verbal
• Current Top Secret with SCI clearance
• MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent; PhD strongly preferred.
• Fluency in C/C++, Unix, Matlab, Python, FPGA programming, Linux
Riverside Research will consider candidates with varying years of applicable Machine Learning experience and education.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.