Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-023-RDL: Japanese Area Specialist SME
Riverside Research is seeking a Japanese Area Specialist SME to support AFLCMC HN in Tokyo, Japan
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
Operate in Japanese Ministry of Defense (MoD) organic office environments (Air Staff Office and Japanese Joint Staff). The Japanese Area Specialist SME will be responsible for diverse Command and Control technical areas in support of existing and anticipated Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Cases.
Areas of involvement include but are not limited to: Japan Air Defense Ground Environment enhancements, new weapon systems’ integration (F-35, E-2D, Global Hawk, and AEGIS Cruiser Upgrade), Central Command System and Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CETNRIXS) design enhancements/security controls, and Integrated Air and Missile Defense and Space Situational Awareness
• Conduct bilingual discussions at the Japanese Language Proficiency Test N-1 level* in support of the AFLCMC HNA Operating Location (OL) Program Manager (PM) in complex FMS negotiations.
• Interpret proposed technical taskings to ensure no misunderstandings by either party and coordinate appropriate technical responses.
• Support US-MoD planning, technical interchange, and staff meetings with Japan language capability when necessary
• Function as an adviser on Japanese culture to ensure the OL US Government PM, visiting personnel, and Contractors are cognizant of interpersonal norms in bilateral interfaces and negotiations with the Japanese MoD and other Japanese agencies
• Provide insight to OL personnel on Japanese military customs and courtesies
• Other duties as assigned
Must be available to travel periodically from Japan and conduct occasional international teleconferences outside of normal business hours
• An active Secret security clearance
• Three (3) Years' Experience as a Japanese Interpreter / Translator
• Japanese language ability at the JLPT N-1 equivalency level preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Understanding of the Japanese military basic structure, missions, alignment, and ranks
• Understanding of the geo-political restraints on the Japanese Military, knowledge of the Japanese Military's efforts to expand their international role, and knowledge of multi-lateral and tri-lateral information sharing and mission support
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.