Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-003-MDL: DevOps Engineer
Riverside Research’s Modeling and Application Development Group has an opening for a DevOps Engineer. This candidate will work in a small team in developing, debugging, and maintaining software deployed in a cloud environment. The software application is part of a suite of satellite mission planning and visualization tools (https://riversideresearch.org/what-we-do/tools/collection-planning-suite-cps). The candidate will be responsible for the automation and continuous integration of software products as they are tested, built, and deployed to the operational cloud environment.
Candidates will work from our office in Centreville, VA.
As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research re-invests annual profits in independent research and development projects, community outreach initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. Your career development is enhanced by the opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines and personalized attention from Riverside Research senior managers.
All positions with Riverside Research require U.S. citizenship.
The DevOps Engineer will:
• Work closely with engineering leads, software engineers, program managers, and testers to design, develop and deploy the software
• Use best industry practices to improve infrastructure reliability, scalability, performance, and repeatability of setup and deployment.
• Create and maintain automated systems for continuous integration and deployment.
• Help design, implement, and maintain a distributed Windows Server Operating System architecture.
• Be a part of an Agile Scrum Team.
• Be a part of a distributed development team.
• Use best industry practices in designing, developing, documenting, testing and deploying their design.
• They will need good organizational, time-management, verbal communication, and written communication skills.
• Represent the Riverside Research development team at customer meetings.
• Some travel may be required.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Must have an active TOP SECRET (TS)
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field and 7 years’ experience, or Master’s with 5+ years’ experience working with Information Systems. Equivalent directly relevant experience will be considered for candidates with an Associate’s degree in a technical major
• Experience working in AWS Console and CLI
• Experience with distributed architectures for Windows Server Operating Systems
• Experience working with Bitbucket or other web based version control repositories
• Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins and other tools sets for VM and Container
• Experience with Create Cloud Formation (CFT) scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud and automating the installation of software via deployment scripts
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• An active TOP SECRET/SCI clearance (TS/SCI)
• Experience with Software Build environments (MSBuild, Gradle, Maven)
• Experience refactoring a .NET project into MicroServices
• Strong familiarity with the installation and configuration of Docker, Kubernetes, or other virtual containers
• Understand and embrace Agile methodologies and working with dynamic teams
• Experience with JIRA
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.