Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-013-MDL: Aerospace Engineer
Looking for a career with purpose? One that challenges your mind, grows your skills and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like you to join Riverside Research’s Modeling and Application Development Group working on our mission planning team. In this role, you will work in a small collaborative team to design, develop, and test the Enterprise Collection Planner (ECP) software for the Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (AF DCGS) weapons system. ECP is a multithreaded real time system that provides mission planning capabilities for the U-2 and Global Hawk platforms to the AF DCGS. This position will require you to develop and test sensor and aircraft models, support flight tests, and perform system engineering to integrate ECP into the larger AF DCGS enterprise.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Validate and verify technical characteristics and performance of airborne and space-based platforms and sensors
• Translate operational needs into technical requirements through software design, code, and testing; prepare supporting documentation
• Work closely with customers, software developers, program managers, and testers to design, develop and deploy mission planning application
• Represent the Riverside Research development team at customer meetings
• Nominal travel may be required
• Duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
• Software development, coding, debugging experience across the entire development lifecycle
o Knowledge of languages such as C#, VB, .NET, Java, HTML, XML
• 7+ years relevant experience
• Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with government and industry representatives
• Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET//SCI clearance
• Master’s degree or higher in a technical discipline, preferably in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
• Familiarity with any or all of the below:
o Mission planning
o Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) technologies and systems
o AF DCGS
• Experience working with Agile methodologies, such as scrum or SAFe
• Active Secret clearance or TS/SCI strongly preferred
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.