Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-062-INT: Data Modeler/Ontologist
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research’s IDS Business Unit is seeking a full time Data Modeler/Ontologist in the Dayton, OH area. This position will conduct research and subject matter expert interviews to capture requirements, objects, properties, and relationships and use these results to design and implement an ontology for customer missions and business.
All Riverside Research opportunities requires U.S. citizenship.
• Work across the customer business units to translate and map the natural language and jargon of missions and business processes into precise, standards-based knowledge representations
• Articulate the business case for using ontologies; provide clear comparisons with other contemporary modeling approaches
• Conduct subject matter expert interviews, research existing processes, documents, policies, etc. to capture ontology requirements, objects, properties, and relationships
• Searches for, extracts relevant facts from, and integrates structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
• Works with all mission areas and business processes to model their domains and intersect/map the models to create a higher-echelon domain/ontology
• Identify and connect to other taxonomy and ontology teams within customer organizations to facilitate data sharing, standards and practices, and reduce data redundancies
• Design governance framework for approved ontologies and provide support to implement approved ontologies into day-to-day missions and business processes
• As required, write support documentation for the design and implementation of approved ontologies (i.e. standards, processes, CONOPS, policies, memorandums, technical guides, etc.)
• Provide data modeling/ontology support to systems engineering and integration efforts related to developing and delivering capabilities supporting both organizations and their partners across multiple networks supporting thousands of users and diverse systems
• Provide design input to developers with regard to usability, interface, and functionality of the applications affected by the ontologies
• Follow all approved Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), and organizational policies, processes and procedures related to ontologies, metadata, and IT Enterprise Architecture governance and management
• Support the development of strategic objective key results to measure overall roadmap progress and risks
• Other duties as assigned
• Top Secret / Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance (TS/SCI) required.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Taxonomy/Ontology, Information Management, Knowledge Management, Knowledge Representation, Data Science, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Management Science, or related disciplines with 5+ years of hands-on experience with practical taxonomy and ontology modeling and implementation
• 10 years of experience with managing, organizing, and classifying data
• Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis, semantic modeling, controlled vocabularies, classification, and knowledge & ontology engineering
• Demonstrated experience handling heterogeneous data sources for vocabulary and metadata enhancements
• Experience with current and emerging tools and technologies for ontology development
• Demonstrated communication skills (written & oral) to effectively communicate complex technical and metadata information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated experience handling competing requests from a range of data customers
• Proven ability to work and deliver effectively across several functional teams
• Experience working in environments with aggressive deadlines and production environments
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, and calm under pressure
• Master’s or equivalent/advanced work experience preferred
• Information architecture experience
• Data science experience
• Proven experience leading tool migrations, new data initiatives, or otherwise architecting ontological solutions for evolving knowledge depth and breadth
• Experience using ontology management systems to maintain categories, attributes, and other metadata.
• 2+ years of project management experience managing complex roadmaps
• Enterprise data system analysis, design, and implementation
• National and Department of Defense Intelligence Community experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.