Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-020-RDL: Software/Integration Systems Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
Riverside Research is seeking a full time Mid-Level to Senior Software Systems Engineer to provide expertise in the migration of legacy mission computers and analog equipment to a software defined and modern environment. Additionally, this position will support the execution and management of innovative approaches to software management, systems integration, data analysis, and systems architecture for a variety of national radar programs.
Our Radar Assessment and Development Lab is a collaborative group of Systems and Software Engineers supporting development, implementation, and assessment of radar system algorithm functionality and mission performance. We provide trusted technical solutions to customers tasked with developing, sustaining, and modernizing assets to meet evolving missions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
HIRES WITH AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS.
• Perform radar system and mission performance assessment; including detection, track, object classification/discrimination performance
• Technical data analysis for a wide array of engineering problems involving large-scale radar systems. These may include ground-based and mobile radar platforms
• Investigation and root-cause analysis of system and software performance anomalies
• Assistance with system modernization and system architecture studies
• Test support, algorithm prototyping, and simulation
• Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), algorithm prototyping, and simulation
• Investigation and mitigation of system and software performance anomalies
• System and mission requirements analysis, feasibility studies, system modernization and architecture studies;
• Assist with Business Development , seeking opportunities and supporting business proposals
• Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system functional/performance requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all software components and system interfaces
• Identify and review developer designed software functions, capabilities, behaviors, data flows, requirements, and interfaces and provide feedback in a collaborative team environment
• Analyze requirements, design, and interfaces to optimize system architecture, capitalize on future capabilities, and cybersecurity and system certification issues are identified
• Manage customer relationships; presenting reports, providing recommendations, and acting as a technical liaison
• Other duties as assigned
• Active DoD Secret Security Clearance (Must be TS/SCI eligible)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field
• 7+ years of applicable engineering experience conducting software and systems analyses of large-scale systems, preferably systems supporting DoD missions
• Computer systems design/architecture and engineering experience
• Seeking candidates with technical analysis capabilities to support senior decision makers on the modernization of a legacy systems.
• Strong preference for candidates with technical expertise in one of the following principles: signal processing, RF wideband or narrowband signatures, software driven-design, migration of legacy systems to modern architecture or RF energy management
• An understanding of core principles of industrial system functions (preferably Radar Systems) and interfaces to broader command and control assets desired
• An understanding of software architecture concepts that support implementation of agile software maintenance principles (e.g. dockers, containers, kubernetes) and the work required for an agile collaborative environment strongly desired.
• Seeking candidates who are self-motivated to learn the mission system, and to identify and succinctly communicate issues and solutions for senior leader use and understanding
• Experience with COBRA DANE or similar radar systems
• Experience working in a government program office
• Experience with the missile defense or space surveillance mission support/operations
• Expertise with architecture and software pipeline management tools. (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Jira)
• Experience with architecture tools (e.g. SPARX) and UML / UPDM modeling.
• Experience with analyzing modern code structures and semantics. (e.g. Java, Python, C++)
• Familiarity with general cybersecurity risks and benefits of modern software/firmware defined systems components.
• Experience with supporting, managing, facilitating major process cultural change within an organization.
• Solid understanding of modern software systems to include legacy systems migration, design functionality, performance measurement, and mission support requirements development.
• Desired experience with Digital Signal Processing, Software Defined Radio concepts, software-driven communications systems, software and firmware process design and management.
• Working experience with design or functional requirements with software management systems. (e.g. Jenkins, JIRA or GIT)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.