Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2017-051-EGR: Research Scientist
Engineering & Support Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Research Scientist at WPAFB, Ohio.
• Research and develop mathematical / statistical techniques to solve computationally intensive problems
• Apply theoretical techniques to real world engineering problems
• Document results in technical reports and presentations
• Follow state-of-the art research conducted in a variety of scientific communities
• Develop and implement algorithms adhering to software engineering best practices
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise on all aspects of mathematical system modeling
• Willingness to travel 2-5%
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Other duties as assigned
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
• Clearance requirements: Active TS/SCI
• BS in Mathematics, Computational Science / Mathematics, Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, or a related field
• Experience in applying theoretical analysis to real world systems
• Proficiency in one or more scientific programming / scripting languages: C, Python, Matlab, etc.
• Excellent problem solving skills and an interest to apply knowledge base to new problems
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory direction
• Interpersonal skills to enable working and interacting as member of a technically and organizationally diverse team
• Excellent communication skills including ability to generate technical reports and present findings
• DESIRED: other skills
o MS or PhD in Applied Mathematics, Computational Science, Statistical Modeling or a related field
o Experience with Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Data Mining techniques
o Familiarity with embedded system protection methods on software / hardware
o Proficiency with C, C++, Java, Python, Matlab, data structures
o Familiarity encryption techniques
o Prior tenure of 5+years in research and development environment
o Background in information theory
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.