Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-027-RDL: Junior Radar Systems Engineer
Looking for a company that inspires and promotes innovation and is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work space? We are searching for dynamic, collaborative employees who thrive in a fast-paced, research and development environment. Join our Agile team of systems and software engineers who develop leading-edge, optimized, and machine learning applications that enable our Nation to capitalize on the growing and diverse flow of information to deliver critical data to warfighters.
Riverside Research, a not-for-profit 503(c) scientific institute, is looking for a junior engineering candidate to provide radar system and software engineering, data analysis and test support to a variety of national radar programs. The work is to be performed primarily at our Radar Assessment and Development Laboratory (RAD Lab) located in Lexington, MA.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Provide technical data analysis for a wide array of engineering problems involving large-scale radar systems. These may include ground-based and mobile radar platforms that track ballistic missile and earth-orbiting targets
• Investigation and root-cause analysis of system and software performance anomalies
• Assistance with system modernization and system architecture studies; test support, algorithm prototyping, and simulation
• Perform Modelling and Simulation (M&S) to assist in Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)
• Develop tools to monitor the performance of radar platforms and perform deep-dive investigations of system issues to provide technical advice on continued system lifecycle maintenance
• Other duties as assigned
• Current U.S. citizenship required, must be eligible for DoD Secret security clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Math, Physics, or comparable technical field. Master’s Degree preferred
• 1-5 years’ experience in relative technical field
• Fluent in MatLab and Python
• Current DoD Security Clearance
• Strong preference for candidates with prior radar systems, or relative technical, experience
• Strong interest in, and capability to rapidly learn, radar system performance analysis, including design and capability assessments
• Experience with C/C++ , Java, and SIMULINK
• Applicable coursework in the following: Digital Signal Processing, RF/Microwave Engineering, Antennas, Electromagnetic Fields and Waves, Communications Systems, Probability/Noise & Stochastic Processes, Microwave Circuits and Networks
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.