Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-098-INT: Commercial Engagement Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Mountain View, CA
Riverside Research is senior-level, tech-savvy experts in business development and commercial engagement strategies. Prior experience supporting outreach, marketing, business development, the full sales lifecycle, and similar skillsets are required. The position will collaborate with and report to internal and external executives, other senior-level officials, management and technical teams, and is based in Mountain View, CA.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Develop subject matter knowledge of key industry and technology focus pillars
• Integrate into and support ongoing business development and marketing activities
• Identify and vet commercial partners in coordination with other executives and portfolio program managers
• Cultivate partners for upcoming and ongoing solicitations and manage relationships
• Collect and analyze external market data to provide benchmarks for comparison purposes
• Present reports to management for use in decision making and strategic planning
• Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
• Other duties as assigned.
• Secret clearance; Top Secret Desired
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years of experience in business development, marketing, sales, and/or product strategy/development
• 3+ years of managerial experience, including management of sales teams
• Private sector experience with emphasis in sales or business development
• Ability to analyze industry landscapes and identify and evaluate commercial solutions and offerings
• Demonstrated understanding of startup company culture and operations
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and interact with DoD partners, commercial contractors, and other senior-level management
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.