Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-089-INT: Information Systems Manager
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time member of the research team to work in the Champaign, Illinois area. Candidate will provide information system management for a production software system that needs to maintain accreditation for customers to continue using it, as well as providing design and support for an updated version of the system in the future. This position will support a program that has users worldwide and that is looking to continue to grow.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Under general direction, carry out all phases of information systems/system administration program that involves access to computers and computerized data
• Perform IS operations, configuration, administration, network monitoring, troubleshooting, fault isolation, and restoration of the system
• Serves as a first line of contact for systems issues, works directly with the program manager, computer engineers/system maintainers and developers, customer service, IT, and security in the design of system processes
• Responsible for the investigation of system changes, issues, performance problems, feature requests, etc. and sharing status updates with affected teams and working with third parties and other teams on a resolution
• Available as an “On-Call” resource during critical events and system outages
• Collaborate with the support, testing, and development teams to ensure deployment of any changes or improvements that occur
• Work with other teams to track and measure progress, provide feedback to minimize system and data errors, and improve overall quality of service
• Develop and manage relationships with vendors and customers
• Audit application and infrastructure RBACs to ensure that team members have correct permissions
• Support information security audits and accreditation, whether performed by the organization or third-party personnel, to ensure that systems are being operated securely and in accordance with requirements
• Help ensure information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans
• Support operation of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems, and software deployment tools
• Support investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management
• Serve as a focal point of contact for the information security team and the customer or organization
• Manage and configure physical security, disaster recovery and data backup systems
• Act as a liaison between IT, Security, and program management
• Other duties as assigned
• The ability to obtain a DoD Secret Level Security Clearance upon position acceptance
• 5 years working in this position, or equivalent experience
• Experience with cyber security vulnerability assessment and risk mitigation, including patching, scanning, and implementing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs)
• Experience with VMWare vSphere or other virtualization technologies
• Experience with Windows Server 2008 and newer, Microsoft Exchange Server, IIS 7.0 and newer, SQL Server 2008 and newer
• Experience with designing, implementing, operating, and maintaining data storage systems
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to collect metrics on the system and generate reports from that data
• Ability to prioritize work and design schedules to meet the desired requirements
• Ability to demonstrate a positive, logical, and proactive approach while executing assigned tasks
• Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, hard-working
• Ability to work collaboratively with other team members and independently with minimum supervision
• Security Certifications: CompTIA Security+, CISSP, or CEH
• Networking Certifications: CompTIA Network+, CCNA, CCNP, or similar
• Experience managing Cisco Systems networking hardware
• Experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF), DoD IA Certification and Accreditation (DIACAP), or Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong writing skills with experience writing technical documentation and reports
• Experience with generating artifacts and documentation required for system assessment and accreditation
• Experience with tools used for monitoring network and system performance
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong briefing skills with experience presenting material in public
• A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
• A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
• Ability to work in demanding and condensed timescales
• Experience designing, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining network topologies and information systems as part of a security focused production system
• Experience with the Department of Defense and/or the Intelligence Community
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.