Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2018-017-MDL: .NET Software Developer (Space Systems)
Centreville Research Office-VA
*Riverside Research’s Modeling and Application Development Directorate (MAD Lab) is a small collaborative group of Satellite Engineers and Software Developers supporting
space system GEOINT mission critical work
We are seeking a mid- to senior-level
.NET Software Developer
to join our team in
As a Software Developer with our MAD Lab, your code will support web-based applications and long running system services in support of
satellite image collection planning and 3D visualization software.
You can view our mission planning tools here:
A background in mission planning is not required.
As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research re-invests annual profits in independent research and development projects, community outreach initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. Your career development is enhanced by the opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us.
The .NET Developer will:
• Work as a member of a small collaborative team in designing, deploying, and maintaining satellite mission planning software.
• Assist in the analysis of customer functional requirements
• Troubleshoot new and existing software as needed
• Use the industry best practices for the full software development cycle
• Other duties as assigned
• U.S. citizenship required.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Strong preference for candidates with active TS/SCI, TS or Secret clearance
Without a clearance, local candidates will only be considered.
• A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in CS or MIS
• At the very minimum, 3-5 years’ experience with object oriented design with demonstrated knowledge programming with OOD.
Strong preference for 5+ years’ experience or more.
• Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
• Strong organizational, time-management, verbal communication, and written communication skills
• Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Experience with database development and design principles, preferably Oracle
• Experience with development and deployment of web sites, web services, and windows services for traditional and/or cloud based servers
• Experience using a source code version control system, preferably Microsoft Team Foundation Server
• Experience with Visual Studio (2013, 2015, or 2017)
• Experience with agile methodologies, such as scrum or SAFe
• Experience with User Interface design and development
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.