Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-011-ARE: Anti-Tamper Engineer/SME
Airborne Reconnaissance Systems
This anti-tamper engineering SME will consult with system program office engineers to develop system and subsystem requirements. In addition, the SME will also assist program offices by reviewing resulting contractor designs for compliance with contract requirements.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Provide hardware and software engineering expertise to on-going technology development and assessment projects via scheduled technical reviews and working group meetings.
• Interface with technical SME and Service Staff capability leads within the Army, Navy, Air Force, and National Laboratories.
• Conduct research into vulnerabilities of an integrated circuit and other hardware to the reverse engineer threat and research appropriate countermeasures. Investigate current emergent microelectronics technologies that apply to microchip design and fabrication.
• Assist DoD Services in developing security solutions for Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) and Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) Microchips.
• Assess the design and fabrication of electronic devices/systems or subsystems using integrated circuits and determine critical gaps to improve design methods. Electronic devices include circuit chips, circuit boards, Systems on a Chip (SOC), and semiconductors. Apply knowledge of mechanical systems, new materials, and electronics for designs.
• Utilize specialized knowledge in technical writing skills, electrical engineering, and material science in order to evaluate microchip design vs. technical specifications and prepare reports.
• Implement a broad understanding of semiconductor processing techniques and microelectronic circuit testing.
• Evaluate system architectures and technical specifications and explore state-of-the-art solutions to threats.
• Assist in translating user requirements into system requirements for the design, development, integration, and test of systems, subsystems and equipment.
• Assist in long-term research and development roadmaps to support next-generation applications in aircraft subsystems.
• Support development and establishment of CRADA and other IRAD-supporting contract vehicles with the goal to build industry partnering relationships supporting gov't laboratory assessment and technology development for transfer to industry.
• Support facilitation of AT Steering Group, AT Summit Exchanges, and threat working groups.
• Part time support and instruction of the DoD Anti-Tamper Short Course engineering modules. This two-day course is taught to DoD and industry personnel.
• Support the development, review, and update of new technical course material in concurrence with policy updates.
• Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and background investigation current within the past 6 years
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical of Computer Engineering)
• Anti-Tamper or Reverse Engineering experience (H/W and S/W)
• 3 years of SAP or SCI experience
• Master’s degree
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.