Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2018-053-EGR: Network Simulation Engineer
Engineering & Support Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Network Simulation Engineer for Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. This position will require in-depth technical knowledge of network routing and protocols and the ability to share highly technical information with the team.
Since communication/computer networks have become too complex for traditional analytical methods to provide an accurate understanding of system behavior, network simulators are used. In simulators, the computer network is modeled with devices, links, applications etc. and the performance is analyzed.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Decompose customer questions into analytic objectives, measures of performance and effectiveness, and apply the decomposition into modeling and simulation environments
• Develop modeling and simulation scenarios to predict the behavior of computer and communication networks
• Experience with modeling network devices, links and related applications
• Document, report, and present on technical, scientific, and engineering findings
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have an active US Government Secret clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
• 3+ years of hands-on experience network modeling, design, routing, or implementing protocols
• Deep understanding and technical knowledge of network routing and protocols
• Motivated leader with ability to comprehend the networking process from start to finish and to manage long-term, project-based work with a team
• Experience with some of the following: Linux, Java, Python, or C++; network switching, routing, signaling, and scripting; and software defined networks (SDN)
• Possess strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
Riverside Research will consider other qualified candidates with various years of applicable experience and education.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.