Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2018-014-RDL: Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Riverside Research is seeking a full time Software Engineer- Machine Learning to provide radar software engineering, analysis, and Machine Learning support for a number of national radar programs.
Our Radar Assessment and Development Lab is a collaborative group of Systems and Software Engineers supporting development, implementation, and assessment of radar system algorithm functionality and mission performance. We provide trusted technical solutions to customers tasked with developing, sustaining, and modernizing assets to meet evolving missions.
You can view our tools here: https://riversideresearch.org/what-we-do/tools
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Assist with agile software development which includes: design, develop, implement, test, and debug complex software code
• Support execution of software development and sustainment activities
• Technical analysis of a wide variety of engineering problems involving large-scale radar systems - these may include ground-based and mobile radar platforms that track ballistic missile and earth-orbiting targets.
• Assess viability of differing M&S approaches and opportunities to integrate into existing radar analysis tools
• Performance capability assessments of radar missions from recorded event data
• Investigate and resolve system and software anomalies
• Participate in radar system modernization and architecture studies
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in technical field with 5+ years of experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related science with a strong interest in:
• Radar system performance analysis, including design and capability assessment
• Machine Learning Algorithms and Classifiers
• Experience developing machine learning algorithms (un- or supervised learning, neural nets, random forests, TensorFlow, etc)
• Experience developing classification models using naïve-bayes, decision trees, or neural networks
• Experience in text analytics using Natural language processing libraries and open source tools
• Experience in software programming languages such as Python, java, scala, C++, Simulink, JAVA, and the Hadoop platform is a plus
• Cognitive Radar & Electronic Warfare Research
• Familiar with agile SW development processes
• Pattern of life Anomaly Detection
• Acquisition, Integration, and Test Experience
• Ballistic Missile Technical Collection Experience
• Ballistic Missile Defense Experience
• Space Situational Awareness Experience
• X-Band, S-Band, and L-Band Radar Experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.