Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-007-INF: Systems Administrator
Riverside Research is seeking a Systems Administrator with a broad range of experience to manage both classified and unclassified systems in our Boston office. This position permits the candidate hands-on involvement to all components of secure information systems and involvement at each phase of a project lifecycle with a high level of ownership. Experience with Defense Security Service (DSS) processes and procedures is an added benefit as this position will support the ISSO for systems and networks in direct support of classified government contracts.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
• Due to the nature of our business, all Riverside Research opportunities require U.S citizenship
• Systems administration duties for local and remote server infrastructure consisting of Microsoft Windows and Linux systems, networking and storage infrastructure
• Build and maintain IT systems supporting a variety of development and research-oriented operations across the organization
• Assist the ISSO in the implementation of all security measures commensurate according to DoD, DCSA, and Corporate ISSM policies and directives
• Provide local and remote Tier 1/Tier 2 user and endpoint support including independent advanced troubleshooting and resolution documentation
• Coordinate and interface with external vendors and customers as necessary
• Regularly interface with internal and external customers with minimal supervision
• Other duties as assigned
• An active SECRET level security clearance is required with SSBI or active Top Secret clearance
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a related IT field
• Commitment to continuous improvement of IT systems used to support larger business goals
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Attention to detail when implementing and monitoring IT systems
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-based environment, with minimum supervision
• Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining complex IT systems to include
o Microsoft Server Products
o RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or CentOS
o Network Infrastructure (Routers, Firewalls, Managed Switches)
• Ability to obtain DoD 8570.01-M IAT L2 Certification within 90 days of hire date
• Strong interpersonal communication and ability to maintain a professional appearance and office atmosphere
• Desire to provide excellent customer service in a security-oriented environment
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Experience in/with Federal Government computing systems and environments
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.