Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-029-RDL: Senior Principal Radar Systems Engineer
Looking for a company that inspires and promotes innovation and is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work space? We are searching for dynamic, collaborative employees who thrive in a fast-paced, research and development environment. Join our Agile team of systems and software engineers who develop leading-edge, optimized, and machine learning applications that enable our Nation to capitalize on the growing and diverse flow of information to deliver critical data to warfighters.
Riverside Research, a not-for-profit 503(c) scientific institute, is looking for a Senior Principal Radar Systems Engineering candidate to provide radar system and software engineering, data analysis and test support to a variety of national radar programs.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Perform radar system and mission performance assessment; including detection, track, object classification/discrimination, and data collection performance
• Develop acquisition roadmaps, strategies and documentation
• Technical data analysis and direction for a wide array of engineering problems involving large-scale radar systems, to include ground-based and mobile radar platforms, phased array and parabolic dish monostatic,, bi-static, SAR and ISAR technologies.
• Investigation and root-cause analysis of system and software performance anomalies and limitations
• Assistance with AoA’s, technical studies, system modernization, and system architecture trade studies
• Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), algorithm prototyping, and simulation
• Investigation and mitigation of system and software performance anomalies
• System and mission requirements analysis, feasibility studies, system modernization and architecture studies
• Assist engineering study teams in understanding mission needs, mission planning and radar data analyst functions, and data product dissemination to the broad user community
• Assist with Business Development , seeking opportunities and supporting business proposals
• Manage customer relationships; presenting reports, providing recommendations, and acting as a technical liaison
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have a Top Secret/SCI DoD Secret security clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Math, Physics, or comparable technical field. Master’s Degree preferred
• Radar Systems experience in phased array, bi-static, and SAR technologies
• Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations and JCIDS processes
• 20+ years’ experience in relative technical field
• Strong preference for candidates with prior radar systems
• Strong interest in, and capability to rapidly learn, radar system performance analysis, including design and capability assessments
• Applicable coursework in the following: Digital Signal Processing, RF/Microwave Engineering, Antennas, Electromagnetic Fields and Waves, Communications Systems, Probability/Noise & Stochastic Processes, Microwave Circuits and Networks
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.