Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-132-INT: Data Scientist
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research’s Intelligence and Defense Solutions (IDS) directorate is seeking a Data Scientist to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright Patterson AFB, OH. Responsibilities will include prototyping applications and implementing processes to extract knowledge or insights from both structured and unstructured data. Candidates must be technically proficient and have real-word experience devising and implementing practical and sustainable solutions. You will be working with a team of Riverside Research, government, and contractor personnel supporting artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) projects. The work is in support of both US Air Force and Intelligence Community programs.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Assess customer systems and processes for application of data science techniques and processes to support their needs
• Assist with implementation of AI/ML initiatives through preparing, analyzing, and visualizing structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
• Develop and conduct algorithm quality trade studies, identifying best case uses and characterizing performance
• Refine the verification and validation process for analytics
• Enhance existing models to leverage analytic output for driving automated tasking
• Develop scripts for running and testing algorithms and analytics using a variety of programs
• Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of data sets
• Prototype/consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics
• Generate reports and visualizations that summarize data sets and provide data driven insights to customers
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in a technical domain plus 5 years of experience related to the job description above; an additional 4 years of experience (for a total of 9 years) related to the job duties listed above can be substituted in lieu of a Bachelors degree
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data science or related field
• Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis, modeling, and visualization
• Proficiency with programs used for data analytics such as R or Python
• Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
• Current Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player
• Doctorate degree in applied statistics, applied mathematics, computer science or related technical field with specialization in data science
• Agile software development experience/certifications
• Technical project management and oversight experience
• Experience working with or in support of Department of Defense (DoD) or intelligence community (IC) organizations
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.