Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-023-EGR: Technical Project Manager
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research’s Engineering & Support Solutions Directorate has an opening in the Dayton, Ohio area for an experienced Technical Project Manager.
The successful candidate will have experience planning, executing, and controlling contract support actions while working closely with multi-disciplinary engineering and program management to assist in the planning, implementation, and tracking of technical projects from beginning to end. The successful candidate understands DoD research contracts and possesses broad technical expertise. In addition, the selected candidate should have a strong background in project management.
This position will be responsible for all project management involving planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, and conducting organizational activities to ensure operational policies and process program elements are integrated, documented and delivered. This support includes any and all project management-related tasks and deliverables. The selected candidate must have expertise in managing a wide variety of technical and administrative projects, including experience in directing technical staff, team members, and contractors.
• Provide team leadership, mentoring, and meeting supervision
• Maintain and expand relationships within the customer organization
• Ensure that all work activities are performed in a timely and cost effective manner while delivering the highest quality of performance
• Manage personnel and staffing, including development and training
• Coordinate and communicate with customer management and technical resources
• Work cooperatively with other contractors, stakeholders and government personnel
• Provide advice and consulting support to the project teams directly or through team members
• Understand principles and procedures of contractual record keeping in order to report on and prepare all monthly program and contract financials
• Apply project management techniques and principles to everyday tasks in order to ensure the project runs smoothly
• Provide oversight for program integration activities
• Prepare and write reports and business letters
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a field relevant to duties assigned or equivalent years of experience
• Current and active secret clearance
• At least ten years of combined experience in the following areas: project initiation, planning, executing, monitoring, control, and closing
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills — both written and verbal
• Willingness to learn and perform other duties
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Techniques to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Experience with electromagnetics modeling, antenna theory design, or computational electromagnetics preferred
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.