Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-018-EGR: Junior System Administrator
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
The System Administrator is responsible for installation/configuration, operation, maintenance and documentation of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to DoD, Air Force Information Assurance, and Organizational requirements.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements;
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures;
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities;
• Configure / add new services as organizational needs dictate;
• Upgrade and configure system software per project or operational needs;
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request;
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues;
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with IA staff and related constituencies;
• Use federal and organization specific published documents to manage operations of their CE system(s);
• Support and administer data retention and recovery within the CE;
• Recognize a possible security violation and take appropriate action to report the incident, as required;
• Ensure that system security configuration guidelines are followed; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Top Secret Clearance Required
• High School Diploma (Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science preferred)
• Security + certification
• MCSA certification preferred
• CCNA certification preferred
• Be familiar with DoD Information Assurance concepts
• Two to five years systems/network administration experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.