Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-017-OIC: Embedded Systems Signal Processing Engineer
Open Innovation Center
Riverside Research is seeking a motivated individual to join our Optics and Photonics Research group in the Dayton, OH area to work on ground-breaking research to solve pressing problems in the realm of embedded systems development, optical signal processing, and cybersecurity. The position will support both internally and externally funded research efforts. Ongoing research in the group includes side-channel analysis, optical signal processing, quantum information systems, and machine learning.
• Develop relevant algorithms for FPGAs and embedded systems processors
• Develop signal and image processing algorithms for time-frequency characterization
• Develop software for real-time systems applications
• Proficiency in scientific computing software development: Matlab, Python (SciPy/NumPy), R, Julia, or C++ • Document results in technical reports, conference/journal proceedings, and presentations
• US citizenship is required
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field with emphasis in FPGA hardware development and signal processing
• Proficiency in a hardware description language (VHDL/Verilog)
• Experience in developing embedded systems software (C/C++)
• 2+ years of work experience in research in Embedded hardware development
• Knowledge/experience with Embedded Systems and computer architecture
• Proficiency with Matlab or similar programming language (e.g. Python (SciPy/NumPy), R, Julia, etc.)
• Must be able to document work independently, present results in a team environment
• Superior communication skills, written and verbal presentations to customers
• Experience with signal and/or image processing algorithm development
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field with emphasis in FPGA hardware development and signal processing strongly desired
• 1 year of work experience in image processing with time-frequency analysis
• Some experience or knowledge of Machine Learning is preferred
• Experience with writing and presenting research in conferences or journals
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.