Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-004-BIO: Ultrasound Research Scientist
New York, NY
Internationally recognized research group located in New York City seeking an Ultrasound Research Engineer to support and collaborate on ongoing innovative projects and ultimately develop new research areas in biomedical ultrasound, acoustics, and related fields. Current projects include high-speed-ultrasound imaging of blood flow and detection of acoustic nanodrops in microcirculation. The Research Engineer will be responsible for advancing projects in various states of maturity including acquiring data, analyzing data and presenting results via peer-reviewed papers and scientific conferences.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Assume responsibility for currently funded and/or internal research efforts
• Collect ultrasound data with new and existing experimental systems
• Plan collection and analysis of experimental data
• Work independently as needed and with collaborative teams
• Process and analyze data
• Model acoustic fields from transducers
• Interact with collaborators at outside institutions
• Present results at scientific conferences and publish results in peer-reviewed journals
• Develop new research projects and apply for external funding
• Help maintain laboratories
• Implement enhancements to experimental systems and data processing tools
• Masters degree with 3-5 years experience in ultrasound related area (Biomedical Eng., Mechanical Eng, Electrical Eng, etc)
• Critical thinking, problem solving skills, and ability to identify inconsistencies in results
• Ability to acquire ultrasound data using experimental and clinical ultrasound systems
• Proficiency with standard laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, etc.)
• Technical writing skills as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
• Ability to develop new instrumentation including data acquisition, parts fabrication and system control via high-level user interfaces
• Expertise programming with MATLAB, LabVIEW or other scientific programming languages
• Experience presenting research results at scientific conferences
• Evidence of collaborative research skills (communication, team building, conflict resolution etc.)
• Ability to develop new research collaborations
• PhD with 0-2 years experience in ultrasound related area (Biomedical Eng., Mechanical Eng, Electrical Eng, etc)
• CAD/CAM related parts fabrication
• Transducer design and fabrication
• Strong image and signal processing skills
• Experience with small-animal experiments using ultrasound
• Knowledge and experience with photoacoustic instrumentation
• Experience modelling ultrasound transducers with FEM software
• Knowledge and experience with high-speed plane-wave ultrasound imaging
• Knowledge of the physics and experimental use of acoustic contrast agents
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.