Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-016-EGR: Mission Engineer
Engineering & Support Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking an experienced, outgoing technical leader to seek out new business opportunities where the Engineering & Support Solutions directorate can thrive, to build relationships with new and current customers, to provide oversight for the development of our technical staff, and to leverage mission-focused knowledge on innovative solutions for our customer’s challenges through collaboration with technical teams.
The mission engineer position is located at Riverside Research’s Dayton Resource Center in Dayton, Ohio; there is no direct funded client work. The mission engineer will be responsible for intimately understanding Riverside Research’s capabilities, expertise, and experience and for translating those technical capabilities into solutions to our current and future customers’ missions. Qualified candidates will possess an active top secret clearance.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Serve as a technical authority in relation to DoD acquisition and business development opportunities
• Create competitive differentiation by ensuring the team has best-in-class technical talent to innovate, win business, and solve challenging problems
• Champion architectures that are sufficiently flexible and adaptable to meet the emerging requirements of the marketplace
• Provide oversight and estimates to support preparation of new business proposals
• Provide mentoring and training on proposal activities as part of employee development
• Drive partner choices for different aspects of development capability to ensure we have flexibility when needed and access to the right talent for some activities required by our customers
• Participate in developing and managing a multi-year business development roadmap and strategy in a collaborative, multi-function, team environment
• Extend existing business lines and develop new R&D business lines within AFRL and the Wright Patterson Air Force Base customer base; this includes developing relationships with the technical staff at these organizations, clearly communicating our unique technical value proposition, and directing the preparation of proposals, white papers, demos, and presentations
• Collaborate with our Open Innovation Center (OIC) to develop innovative concepts that will advance the group’s expertise and create new solutions for our customers
• Provide project management support for customer funded and research and development efforts and help to define and implement long-term strategy and vision for the group
• Other duties as assigned
• Active top secret security clearance is required
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a scientific-related field required
• 10 years of experience in the DoD
• 5 years of supervisory experience
• 5 years of technical or research experience
• Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
• Experience working with multi-disciplined technical teams
• Experience with government proposals, strategy development, government acquisition process, and contracting
• Direct experience in the Air Force Research Laboratory and/or the Wright Patterson Air Force Base customer set
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
• Ability to determine and develop approach to solutions
• Ability to lead technical teams to develop competitive proposals
• Demonstrated understanding of program management processes and ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
• Interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills are a critical factor to success in this role
• Ability to support occasional travel
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.