Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-020-EGR: Open Architecture Engineer
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research, one of America’s premier not-for-profit providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise, is seeking a full time Open Architecture Engineer in the Dayton, OH area. This dynamic position will support USAF research in state-of-the-art open architecture mission capabilities collaborating with multiple stakeholders across a research team of 12+ professionals to drive the Open Mission Systems (OMS) standard.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Develop, refine, and expand the Open Mission Systems (OMS) standard through software and systems based approaches.
• Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system functional/performance requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all software components and system interfaces.
• Identify and document software functions, capabilities, behaviors, data flows, requirements, interfaces and designs to drive successful product development.
• Analyze requirements, design, and interfaces to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture, ensuring regulatory and system certification requirements are met.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE, Mathematics or other related discipline
• Demonstrated experience in open architecture and software design
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas and results with co-workers, and work effectively in a dynamic team environment
• Must be eligible to obtain/maintain security clearance status of Secret (minimum)
• >3 Years experience in Open Architecture work
• Open-source software and networking tools
• Open Mission Systems (OMS)
• Open Architecture frameworks and methodologies
• Proficiency with developing code, code debugging and configuration management
• Ability to document work and make presentations to customers
• InfiniBand communications standard
• Developing/refining Open Architecture standards
• Open Architecture tool development
• Master's or PhD course work in electrical engineering
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.